What is Constipation?
Constipation is a common symptom where a person has difficulty passing faces or unusually dry stool. In simple language it is irregular and infrequent or difficult evacuation of the bowels. Constipation is determined in the colon (large intestine), which is responsible for packaging and eliminating stool. As food moves through the colon, it absorbs water while forming stool. Muscle contractions (squeezing motions) in the colon push the stool toward the rectum (the lower 8 to 10 inches of the large intestine). By the time stool reaches the rectum, it is solid, because most of the water has been absorbed.
- Common constipation – occasional constipation
- Chronic constipation
- Travel-related constipation
- Age-related constipation
- Pregnancy-related constipation
- Chronic idiopathic constipation
- Functional constipation
- Difficult bowel movement
- Dry bowel movement
- Painful bowel movement
- Abdominal pain
- Weight loss
- Feeling uncomfortable
- Feeling sluggish
- Diarrhoea – a blockage only allows liquid to pass
- Abdominal swelling
- Loss of appetite
Natural Remedies By Ayurveda
There are numerous home remedies for constipation. One can easily get rid of constipation without the need of taking medicines and only following these simple but very effective home remedies.
- Warm water should be taken in the morning which helps in the easy evacuation of the bowel and helps in chronic constipation.
- Chapattis should be made of three parts of wheat flour and one part of roasted black gram powder with their husk. This is a good remedy for constipation.
- Cabbage juice is good remedy for constipation. Half a cup of cabbage juice should be taken in the morning. Similarly, carrot juice is also a very good remedy for constipation. Carrot juice should be mixed with spinach juice which makes a very effective remedy for constipation.
- A glass full of milk with two tea spoons of castor oil should be taken at night. This helps in proper elimination of stools in the morning and proves to be a very good remedy for constipation.
- Dates or raisins should be boiled in a glass of milk and taken at night. This is one of the useful home remedies for this condition.
- Keeping drinking water over night in a copper vessel and drinking it empty stomach in the morning gives immediate relief from constipation.
- A good remedy for constipation is also drinking water with Epsom salt mixed in it.
- Drinking orange juice mixed with olive oil also relieves constipation.
- Taking guava on an empty stomach in the morning is very beneficial for constipation.
- Two tea spoons of almond oil taken with a glass of milk at night give relief from constipation making a simple remedy.
- Drinking hot water with lime juice and half a tea spoon of salt is also an effective treatment for constipation.
In Ayurveda constipation known as Vibandha has been labeled as causative factor for a lot of health issues. It may cause pain in calves, headache, pain in abdomen, loss of appetite, piles, fissures, mouth ulcers etc. Get Ayurvedic treatment for Constipation providing by Jot Ayurvedic Centre.